Pune blast resulted from security diversion for “My Name Is Khan”: Bitta, Chairman of All India Anti-Terrorist Front
Posted by jagoindia on February 19, 2010
PTI, Feb 17, 2010
PUNE: A security diversion to protect the Shah Rukh Khan movie ‘MNIK’ offered an opportune moment for the ISI to engineer the terror attack in Pune, Chairman of All India Anti-Terrorist Front M S Bitta alleged.
“THE ISI capitalized on the prevailing situation to strike Pune where security infrastructure was lame,” he told a press conference here.
Bitta who visited the blast victims at a city hospital, said Pune is a big city in India and a leading educational and economic hub and the masterminds of the German Bakery blast had designs to harm that status.
“Beefing up security in Pune after the blast is nothing but a farce. Why the government did not do it earlier in view of the burgeoning proportions of the city ?,” he asked and blamed politicians for playing “politics over the dead bodies”.
Bitta also criticised Shiv Sena and MNS for their “divisive politics” and said that was precisely what Pakistan wanted.
He demanded immediate hanging of Pakistani gunman Ajmal Kasab and Afzal Guru involved in the Parliament attack and constitution of Anti-Terrorist military court to try cases on fast track.
“Afzal is still evading the noose and Kasab is enjoying mutton Biryani from Mumbai police,” he commented.